A vehicle’s powertrain contributes substantially to a vehicle’s content, even more so in the future as major emission compliance challenges emerge for OEMs, driving greater sophistication in existing powertrain technologies, as well as unprecedented changes in propulsion systems with the move toward greater electrification.
IHS Automotive’s Powertrain Components and Technology Service provides insight, context, data, and analytics for the key technologies that are reshaping engines and transmissions in cars and light commercial vehicles.
Users can quickly access key insights from market developments, put context around events and technology trends, dive into deep data and forecasts, and seamlessly drive analytics to support their most challenging decisions.
- Valvetrain, intake, and injection technologies
- Exhaust and emission control technologies
- Main engine structural components
- Drivetrain architectures and technologies
Planners and strategists use the service to
- Assess and forecast new hybrid and electric vehicle technology growth
- Analyze the competition
- Understand OEMs’ purchasing strategies
- Evaluate customers’ powertrain adoption paths
The Powertrain Components & Technology Service is part of a suite of vehicle contenting services. Delivered through SupplierInsight, an IHS Automotive strategy and planning solution, the service provides a view into current automotive trends and future demand through
- Sector news and analysis
- Topical reports
- Supplier profiles
- Who Supplies Whom Survey database
- Access to analyst and webinars
- Model-level forecasts, technology fitment, and supplier relationships (optional add-on)