The design of a vehicle’s exterior lighting is a growing battleground for style and brand recognition. The “classic” automotive lamp is being replaced with increasingly innovative technology and radical styling that improve part life, vehicle efficiency, and vehicle desirability.
IHS Automotive’s Lighting Service provides insight, context, data, and analytics for the key technologies that are core to the developments in the lighting sector.
Users can quickly access key insights from market developments, put context around events and technology trends, dive into deep data and forecasts, and seamlessly drive analytics to support their most challenging decisions.
- Front lights, front light electronic control module (ECU), tail lamps
- ECU fitment and type, low beam type, high beam type, bulb count, power consumption, adaptive function and type, camera fitment and lighting function
Planners and strategists use the service to
- Assess and forecast new developments in lighting technology
- Analyze and benchmark competitors’ offerings
- Understand OEMs’ purchasing strategies
- Evaluate customers’ lighting technology adoption paths
The Lighting Service is part of a suite of vehicle contenting services. Delivered through SupplierInsight, an IHS Automotive strategy and planning solution, the service provides a view into current automotive trends and future demand through
- Sector news and analysis
- Topical reports
- Supplier profiles
- Who Supplies Whom Survey database
- Access to analyst and webinars
- Model-level forecasts, technology fitment, and supplier relationships (optional add-on)