Automotive Premium Audio Consumer Analysis
IHS Markit Consumer Survey reports and companion databases indicate that innovative technologies, new services, and increased connectivity are a key deciding factor when considering a new vehicle purchase. The surveys take input from more than 5,000 vehicle owners intending to purchase a new vehicle within the next 36 months, across five key automotive markets – the United States, Canada (NEW), China, Germany and the United Kingdom.
Updated annually since 2013, IHS Markit offers three surveys of new car intenders:
- Connected Services and Apps
- Autonomous Driving and Urban Mobility
- Premium Audio
The surveys enable you to
- Understand which services are must-haves for consumers intending to purchase a new vehicle for personal use in the next three years
- Gain an understanding on the propensity of consumers who would be willing to pay for these advanced technologies – and assess how much they would be willing to spend
- Anticipate market needs for new solutions
Deliverables include written reports in PDF format based on PowerPoints and datasets formatted in Excel and SPSS.
Consumer Surveys are purchased separately and not a part of IHS Markit’s SupplierInsight Services
For many consumers, listening to the in-vehicle audio system is an important part of the daily commute, whether catching up with the news, staying informed about weather/travel, or listening to music. For some, the quality of audio reproduction is not important; for others, it is paramount.
- measurements of consumer desire for branded audio among other interior features
- audio listening habits
- premium car audio ownership
- willingness to spend on premium/branded car audio systems and the amount willing to spend
- audio brand recognition and loyalty
- audio brand’s influence on vehicle purchase decision making
Brad Gottschalk is an Analyst within IHS Automotive. Joining the company last year, Brad focuses on infotainment, telematics, head unit systems, and acoustic systems. Brad works closely with his fellow team members to meet client needs in a rapidly changing market.
Prior to joining IHS, Brad was a researcher at J.D. Power and Associates and Market Strategies International. Brad holds a BS in Psychology and a Master of Science in Marketing Research from Michigan State University, East Lansing.
Email this contact: Brad.Gottschalk@ihsmarkit.com
From key trends affecting today’s business environment to forward-looking forecasts of future output, SupplierInsight provides the information you need to develop strategy for each of its services.
Staying abreast of automotive sector/topic-specific developments, trends, and competitive activity can be time-consuming. With many sources available, it is often difficult to find critical and reliable market information that stakeholders of the automotive industry need. Conducting business analysis, product, or market strategy assessments without validated market data is risky.
SupplierInsight provides the ability to access the wealth of recognized thought leadership, data, and analysis from IHS Automotive on a broad spectrum of industry topics and sectors.SupplierInsight offers a lens into more than a dozen vehicle component categories. Each service provides the insight you need to anticipate future demand, access competitive intelligence, and stay abreast of changing dynamics.
Services coverage include: