Automotive Connected Services and Apps Consumer Analysis
IHS Markit Consumer Survey reports and companion databases indicate that innovative technologies, new services, and increased connectivity are a key deciding factor when considering a new vehicle purchase. The surveys take input from more than 5,000 vehicle owners intending to purchase a new vehicle within the next 36 months, across five key automotive markets – the United States, Canada (NEW), China, Germany and the United Kingdom.
Updated annually since 2013, IHS Markit offers three surveys of new car intenders:
- Connected Services and Apps
- Autonomous Driving and Urban Mobility
- Premium Audio
The surveys enable you to
- Understand which services are must-haves for consumers intending to purchase a new vehicle for personal use in the next three years
- Gain an understanding on the propensity of consumers who would be willing to pay for these advanced technologies – and assess how much they would be willing to spend
- Anticipate market needs for new solutions
Deliverables include written reports in PDF format based on PowerPoints and datasets formatted in Excel and SPSS.
Consumer Surveys are purchased separately and not a part of IHS Markit’s SupplierInsight Services
Automotive Connected Services and Apps Consumer Analysis includes
- telematics features of interest
- sentiments about infotainment systems vs. smartphones
- brand recognition of popular infotainment brands, telematics services, internet streaming services, as well as other media services
- preferences for specific navigation- and traffic-services
- type of app integration desired in the car
- preferences for Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, SYNC AppLink, Baidu CarLife, and more.
Colin Bird is the senior analyst with IHS Markit, primarily focusing on the Software, Apps, and Services (SAS) portal. Along with updating the SAS portal—with daily news items, bi-weekly analyst insights, profile reports, and in-depth reports—Bird also assists with client requests, database work and with presenting at major conferences and trade shows as it relates to SAS. Colin also manages IHS Markit’s consumer market research as it pertains to automotive technology behaviors and attitudes with a specific focus on connected car, autonomous car, premium audio, and urban mobility insights.
Prior to joining IHS, Bird worked for Mintel, a market research firm, as an automotive analyst focusing on consumer behaviors and attitudes as it related to light-vehicle retailing, hybrids & EVs, motorcycles, vehicle financing, and auto service care, among other subjects. In addition to Mintel, Bird previously worked for Cars.com as an automotive editor and has over nine years’ experience in automotive research/media publishing.
Email this contact: Colin.Bird@ihsmarkit.com
From key trends affecting today’s business environment to forward-looking forecasts of future output, SupplierInsight provides the information you need to develop strategy for each of its services.
Staying abreast of automotive sector/topic-specific developments, trends, and competitive activity can be time-consuming. With many sources available, it is often difficult to find critical and reliable market information that stakeholders of the automotive industry need. Conducting business analysis, product, or market strategy assessments without validated market data is risky.
SupplierInsight provides the ability to access the wealth of recognized thought leadership, data, and analysis from IHS Automotive on a broad spectrum of industry topics and sectors.SupplierInsight offers a lens into more than a dozen vehicle component categories. Each service provides the insight you need to anticipate future demand, access competitive intelligence, and stay abreast of changing dynamics.
Services coverage include: